"Hey Cutie, come up to my den, and I'll show you my etchings."

Thursday, July 18, 2013

The "Morning Mountain" report July18 8:50 AM

                    Valdez          Wilmington
Sunrise    4:42 AM          6:13 AM
Sunset    10:55 PM          8:22 PM     (First time sunset is before 11 PM)
                   67℉                86°F


A funny thing happened on the way to bed last night .....

I was sitting at our little table sorting through the hundreds of photos from our glacier cruise yesterday, about 10:30 or so, when I heard a sound at our door. A short "anatomy of our apartment entrance" - to get in first you go through the garage door


then through a door to our apartment door and a door to the upstairs
(the door on the left)


and then through our apartment door


to our apartment. 


I assumed it was Meli - the Golden from upstairs. She has figured out that the door to the upstairs doesn't always close tightly, and she has also figured out that we always have treats. I opened the door and it was not Mel. It was this beautiful Flame-point Himalayan cat. We got home from dinner around 10ish, and the garage door was closed. Either the cat entered the garage when we did or when we went out around 8 or earlier in the day. Who knows? Just coincidentally the door from the garage to our entry hallway was open. I guess s/he (we didn't get personal) heard us and came to visit. The cat was obviously taken care of and neither John nor Terry from upstairs knew of him/her. He stayed awhile - I have cat treats because of Reggie. I opened all the doors so s/he could stay or leave and, after a while, s/he left. Later today I'll knock on a few doors to be sure s/he got home safely. I was tempted to keep him overnight, but I figured if he started yelling to get out in the middle of the night, I'd have to let him out in the dark. At least it was still light out at that time. Besides being beautiful s/he was very friendly.



I'm still culling photos from the cruise - they'll be in a separate entry later today.





1 comment: