"Hey Cutie, come up to my den, and I'll show you my etchings."

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The "Morning Mountain" report July 10 9:10 AM

                 Valdez          Wilmington
Sunrise    4:26 AM          6:08 AM
Sunset    11:11 PM          8:25 PM
                    57°                       83°


On this date in 1913, Furnace Creek in Death Valley recorded a temperature of 134.6°F, marking the World's hottest recorded temperature at the time. This record was broken by a 136.4°F reading in Libya in 1922, but Dead Heat explains why the Death Valley reading is back atop the list of World's hottest temperatures.
For Info about Dead Heat   http://www.wunderground.com/deadheat

9:10 this morning

11:01 last night!

A few more neighborhood photos

Looking right from our apartment

This is where the snow is piled in the winter - park in the summer (when it dries!)

Remember the lady with the pink helmet?

The Gold Rush "Hoosegow"

This is the dog that makes me crazy. He was a pup two years ago. I never saw him out of his cage that summer, and things haven't changed. Looking at all the plywood around his cage, I guess he's there all winter, too. 


He's big and goofy and seems friendly. The family has a little dog who lives inside.

The elementary school - note all the flat roofs. I'm not sure if they're to prevent huge sheets of snow falling off or so they can use snow blowers on the roof. 




The Morning Mountain 

Sweet Violet - the puppy Jeff "saved" two years ago,

and Kaison, her newest 'brother'. I would adopt the whole family.

He decided dandelions don't taste that great!

One of the more interesting house designs.




Last night by the salmon hatchery - still no bears and no fish.



No comments:

Post a Comment