"Hey Cutie, come up to my den, and I'll show you my etchings."

Friday, July 19, 2013

The "Morning Mountain" report July 19 7:15 AM

Valdez          Wilmington
Sunrise    4:45 AM          6:13 AM        Sunrise is two minutes later than yesterday, and sunset is 12            
Sunset    10:43 PM          8:22 PM         minutes earlier. We're catching up to the East Coast.
                   64℉                82℉



Today is Five Dollar Friday at the Safeway grocery store - the only grocery store in town. They have some really good "specials". For example, today they had their Keurig K-Cups, usually ~$10 - $13 a box, for $5. It's a good thing because groceries are so expensive. I think one day next week, I'll do a comparison shopping blog. So I was up early to 'score' some K-Cups. For that price I can send them home in my favorite Flat Rate boxes, and still come out ahead. If you go to the store in the afternoon, the specials shelves are literally empty. A lot of the cooks on the fishing boats stock up on Fridays because there is no limit to the number of items you may buy.

I got home from the store - ready to finish the glacier cruise photos - when Jeff called. He admitted a Golden Retriever with a ruptured splenic tumor and needed an extra set of hands. The dog's name is Murphy, and when I left the office, he was waking up nicely. I took some photos of the surgery - there a bit bloody because the tumor was bleeding. If the owners weren't so observant, he could easily have 'bled out'. In other words, "squeamish alert". The tumor is gross, but, luckily, there was no sign of metastasis and Murphy's lab work was normal. I'll update when I pick Jeff up from the clinic.







For a change the office snake was not in his log -


Back to working on the glacier photos. 



No comments:

Post a Comment