"Hey Cutie, come up to my den, and I'll show you my etchings."

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The "Morning Mountain" report July 16 8:45 AM

                 Valdez          Wilmington
Sunrise    4:38 AM          6:11 AM
Sunset    11:00 PM          8:23 PM
                   63℉                91℉


John & Terry (our landlords/friends) invited us to dinner last night. John fried Halibut and I made the salad.


The ketchup is not the salad dressing!


I thought you might like these photos our friend Michele from Wilmington (A Dog's Dream Kennel). They're of a Carolina Wren's nest in one of Michele & Jane's planters. Their funniest nest was a few years ago when the wrens nested in a pair of Michele's shorts. She hung them outside to dry - I believe they were pink, but I'll have to check on that! - and bingo, a nest. 


In this photo 3 of the 4 eggs hatched and #4 was expected momentarily.


Speaking of birds, I just checked on Hope, the Puffin chick. So far s/he seems healthy and active.
The baby won't be seaworthy until about 6 weeks old.




If the weather holds we're going on a glacier cruise tomorrow.




1 comment: