"Hey Cutie, come up to my den, and I'll show you my etchings."

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Saturday afternoon, June 15

Mid-afternoon Jeff got a call from a man in Cordova because his two dogs had an altercation with a porcupine. One had minimal quills but the other, Pelly, got hit head on, with her mouth open - probably barking like mad! Slight complication - Cordova has two ways out of town - water or air. $500 later, Pelly was on her way by Cordova Air Service.






Poor Pelly Wessel!


She was so uncomfortable ...



Squeamish alert! Graphic photos to follow!


In her tongue, under her tongue, in the roof of her mouth - and that's just inside.


 Jeff's quills


My quills


Ta Dah! Good as new but a bit drunk.



Heading home to Cordova - 3 1/2 hours later! Good job Jeff. Note the short takeoff. 18 minute flight on a good day because the pilot is able to go over the mountains vs. the usual 35 - 40 minute "over the water and around the mountains".


Here's your quiz - what is the gate code to get on the Valdez airfield? 
First correct answer wins a Major Award.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Sherry & Jeff,

    Well, I must say Sherry, you have out done yourself with this new blog. It's outstanding! I actually feel like I am right there with you.

    I had to take a triple look at the Western Skunk Cabbage pic.
    I thought it was some sort of plastic plant that was erected by someone as a lawn ornament. Then I google searched it.
    It looks like something from a low budget 50's sci-fi or pre-historic movie. lolol

    Other than Jeff, there is only one pic of a good looking man. If that's all Alaska's got to offer in the way of companionship, just one good looking man, then it's best that all single women think 3 times before looking to relocate just to snag a man. lololol

    Those poor dogs. My heart goes out to them. I hope they will avoid porcupines in the future. Great Work removing all the quills Jeff & Sherry. The both of you must have your work cut out for you in that neck of the woods.

    I would like to send your blog to a few close friends if you don't mind. Please let me know if it's okay with you. I would like them to have this same, first hand experience of Alaska.

    Stay safe, eat well & do try to find at least one more good looking Alaskan man please. Eye candy makes my day! lololol


    FYI: Trying to post a comment is a real work out. Perhaps that is why you have so few.
    I clicked Publish and nothing happened. Lucky I copied my comment before doing that.
    Then I tried clicking Preview, which led me to a "captcha" page. Then I hit edit to enter this FYI, before entering the captcha so that others can see the steps required to post a comment. Good luck everyone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel free to share - I'll check on how to publish. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete